Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Gilded Acorns

With the holidays looming right around the corner I've been trying to figure out some simple inexpensive decorating ideas I can use to xmas up the house without breaking the bank. Design sponge's gilded acorns fit that bill really well and would be perfect as little ornaments on the tree:


Just a little stain, some gold leaf and wooden acorns and poof! Instant amazing decoration! It does leave me wondering:

1. where do you find those wood acorns??
2. does micheals carry gold leaf and how much would it cost with a 40% off coupon?
3. how the heck will I ever find time to get the supplies and execute this project?
and also
4. why are there no cute little fake xmas trees in kamloops or if there are why can't I find them?

*Sigh* Quite a few hurdles before finishing this project - but maybe you will be able to finish them before me! In the meantime, any progress on answering my list of wondering questions would be appreciated...

6 comments:

  1. haha, so many questions. unfortunately i'm not helpful! when i see diys i am often asking myself where to find the required materials, haha.
    they look super pretty though...i hope you find what you need to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a mini mini (18" tall) tree that you could borrow. One step down, three to go.

    -linds

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, and could you maybe just paint them with gold paint to save extra Gs?

    -linds

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are certainly cute but where would you find them? I know Kelowna! ha ha ha Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm pretty sure i've seen wooden acorns (& lots of other shapes) at Micheal's ... & gold leaf will be there too, as well as gold paint which would be SO much easier (i've tried gold leafing before.... it's trickier than it looks!)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen them somewhere too. Maybe lee valley tools?

    ReplyDelete