Sunday, January 30, 2011

Coloured chalkboard paint? Oh my!

Why just yesterday I was going on about the wonderful crafts you could make with chalkboards when I realized I was missing one important part of the project - how exactly do you get your hands on all these chalkboards? Martha to the rescue as she explains a quick and easy way to make your own chalkboard paint (in limitless colours too!)! Wonderful! And hey look at the neat wall calendar they made using custom coloured chalkboard paint:


Awesome! Looks like all you need to do is get a little unsalted tile grout and mix it in with your favourite flat-finish latex paint! Then you just slap it on the surface you want to chalkboard-ify, give it a little sand once it's dry and get to chalking! Sweet! Now back to trying to find some tree trunk cross section pieces to work with. Any other takers?

4 comments:

  1. I'm in love with that calendar.
    It's so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with wallflower - it looks ace!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never thought about making my own chalkboard paint! How cool :) I actually got some purple chalkboard paint from Home Depot a while back - it's pretty :)

    ReplyDelete