Tuesday, June 11, 2013

card crafting

After one heck of an amazing bridal shower a few weeks ago (it had tea, pompoms, kittens, and dinosaurs), I decided to do some mild crafting and make some custom thank you cards to send the wonderful ladies who attended the shower! I whipped out some freshly purchased card making supplies I picked up at Target and went to it! 


Yup, I'm pretty in love with the stationary section at Target and am stoked that I can purchase such reasonably priced and lovely designed goodies in a shop with such wonderful lighting (seriously - Target has some great lighting). Throw in a bit of creativity and a good sharpie or two and I managed to come up with a whole whack of different cards:


Woo! It actually ended up taking me much longer than I expected to craft and write out a dozen heart-felt thank yous, but it was totally worth it and I got to send each one out in a wonderfully matchy (well, miss-matchy sort of) envelope:


Nothing like some washi tape, paper post its, and graphic cards to make my thank you dreams come true! I do think I will be skipping the card making for our actual wedding thanks cards and just see if I can manage to write nice notes in each of them - but thought they were perfect for the shower! Hooray! How are your card making skills? 

4 comments:

  1. They look great! I am jealous of the super cute stationery available at your Target! (Seriously, Target here is no where as cool)I really like the teal and grey card with the scale pattern and the yellow tape - great colour combination! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so great to deal with making something by your own hands! I like to engage my kids in such activities, even sometimes ignoring their home assignments, but for this I have online homework help services.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! I'm going to have to make a trip to Target soon. :0)

    www.clickclackclunk.com

    ReplyDelete