Tuesday, March 26, 2013

sewin' up a storm

With spring weather peeking around the corner I've decided to make a wee dent in my "to mend" pile and turn some of my thrift store long sleeves blouses into shorter sleeve ones! Apparently that stack of clothes is much larger than I remembered because once I started digging through it I found six shirts to crop and hem! Even though the sunshine was not on my side for this picture, I thought I'd show them off anyways because I am all about celebrating progress and actually finishing some craft projects! Check them out:



Hooray! I must say I am a big fan of how shortening the sleeves on something really transforms the look of the blouse and love being able to control how long I'd like my short sleeves! As you can tell, I am quite fond of the "almost elbow length" sleeve and am also keen on rolling up a hem or two. Nothing like a little modesty and arm coverage to finish up an outfit! Now to bring on the (mild) heat and whip these freshly sewn babies out into the spring sunshine! Woo hoo! 

4 comments:

  1. Good job! I've got some mending to do too, but mine is for winter wear as it's cooling down here ^_^ I really like your white shirt with the little pink flowers, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I have a very large pile of clothes to mend, I am slowly (very slowly) making a dent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the coral polka dot one. They look great, look good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These shirts make me think you are officially turning into Mom! Blouses! Galore!

    ReplyDelete