Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday Find: Wooli Mochi

Well it's official - Fraser and I have bought a condo and are moving back to Kamloops this fall. I'm pretty excited to be back with all my great friends and family, but am dreading moving (ack) and am going to miss the wonderful fibre arts stores here in Victoria. Luckily there are fantastic online shops like Wooli Mochi (link) that cary loads of felting fibres and even adorable wool felting kits like this squirrel one:
(source)

Isn't she just the sweetest little squirrel you've ever seen? I sort of want to make a pair of them (with different accessories) to use as wedding cake toppers this summer but we will have to see if I can perfect my felting skills before I commit to that! What are your thoughts? Have you ever bought felting supplies online? 

4 comments:

  1. That is such a cute idea! I have never done felting before, so if you make your cake toppers, I would love to see your process! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't moving the worst? Moving back and forth between Hamilton (Ontario) and Halifax was always stressful. Good luck!
    Also, I have always wanted to do felting and was supposed to at school but the got rid of the course just before I was supposed to take it, what a drag. I agree, if you make them show us your process!

    ReplyDelete