Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Refashioning like a pro

As part of my goal to de-stress my way into ultimate happiness I've been working on conquering the clutter I seem to have piling up in miscellaneous corners around the house! Hooray! First on the clutter-busting is my laundry basket full of "to alter" thrift store finds I felt I could work into something wonderful! With two down and a big ol' basket full left to go I came across this amazing "men's shirt to cute dress" DIY from Michael Ann Made (link) and oh boy do I ever want to add this one to the pile:

(source)
Oh I just can't pass up such a potentially awesome and adorable deal! Now to get back to that sewing machine I've enslaved myself too. I'll let you know when the laundry basket is empty...

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Let us know how it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely keep us updated! I am excited to see what you create :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your creations! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i love that she made it longer! usually these things end up in far too much leg as far as im concerned!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally know how you feel! Sometimes when I go clothing shopping dresses look like shirts on me! Oh my!

      Delete