Sunday, March 1, 2015

Forever ill

Does anyone else out there find these ecards hilariously on point? like...all the time? I certainly do and this one falls particularly close to home these days. 


(source)


My friend Hetty phoned me a few days ago and asked me, "Hey Kate - are you busy?"  

I paused. I thought. "No...not really. Whats up?"

Hetty:  "I was wondering if it would be ok if I popped by and borrowed Game of Thrones Seasons 1-3 from you."

Me: "Oh! I don't have to shower OR get out of my jammies for that! Of course you can!"

Yep. I actually considered saying I was somewhat busy in fear of having to put actual real clothes on and go out into the world. No, I'm not a hermit - but I have been suffering with severe chronic illness for many months now (plus a lovely cold/sinus infection this week) and getting dressed seemed like entirely too much effort than it's worth. The majority of my energy these days is spent trying to rest up and get healthy - thankful two things that do not require me to wear a bra. Perfect. 




3 comments:

  1. Maybe you are the creator of some e-cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colds on top of chronic illness are *the worst*! Not getting out of your pjs is probably one of the best ways to deal with all that ~___^ I do hope you feel better soon though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I read in a book about people dealing with chronic illness that it is important to "get dressed" when you get up. So I now change from jammies to yoga pants and a tshirt. It's pretty much the same thing as jams...but I feel slightly less ridiculous answering the door without little aliens all over me.

      Delete