Monday, December 24, 2012

Snowflake Card Clothesline!

I figure I had better put up all my festive decorating pictures quickly before xmas has come and gone (boy time flies!) so today I'm sharing my snowflake and holiday card clothesline! Take a peek:


Isn't it fun? In past years I've set up my cards on top of the tv but since they always end up falling off or piling so I can't see them I bought a card clothesline from Lee Valley at the  begging of the month. I'm sure you could make your own version (since it's just nylon cord and mini clothes pegs) but it was reasonable and came in a cute tin! Yay!

Next I decided to whip out the perler beads and designed and ironed up loads of different white snowflakes! Then it was just a matter of stringing them up with some butchers twine and using more mini pegs to hang them up! I had such a great time making up the snowflake patterns and am really pleased with how it all came together. Here are a few more images of some of my snowflakes:


Hooray! What do you think? What do you do with cards when you get them? 

3 comments:

  1. Your snowflakes look great! Who would have thought those little beads could make something that looks so modern. I made something similar to that, but crocheted the snowflakes instead. It's just a garland, but now I see how awesome it would be with cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are too cute! (: We usually hang our cards on our bansister, by the stairs. But I love this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the perler bead snowflakes! What a clever idea! I think I will have to steal your clothesline idea for next year too, mine are on top of our bookcase, but they always fall over.

    ReplyDelete