Sunday, January 1, 2012

Greetings 2012!

Happy New Year everyone! Welcome to 2012, a year sure to be full of crafty delights! It also marks the start of a new calendar (which I am always thrilled about). Unfortunately (like most years) I have left my calendar hunting to the last minute and the utter lack of selection lead me to picking up this one full of vintage food posters:


I really enjoyed the art deco-y style of the cover art and with nothing else even slightly catching my eye (the artsy and kitten selection left much to be desired) I thought I'd dabble in the food posters for a year. Then I thought I could make it into a fun blog challenge where I eat whatever the month is advertising. Then I flipped to January....


Yup, that idea fizzled as soon as I saw that the first poster was for foie gras. Ick. Alas, I do enjoy the interesting images, bright bold colours, and design of them all! That has got to count for something right? It could also have something to do with the fact that Jim and I just finished watching season one of Mad Men and I've got vintage ads on the brain.

In other exciting 2012 news I'm hoping to be much more successful at blogging with pictures this year! I am really good at doing interesting and fun things and either 1) forgetting my camera or 2) remembering my camera but then leaving it in the trunk. Xmas gift to the rescue on that one! I am now finally up with the technological times and sporting a new iPhone. At last! An 8 mega pixel camera at my finger tips to help me snap shots of those "darn I need my camera" moments! Take a gander:


So I am yet to move my contacts over...and figure out how to use all the fancy functions but I am certainly excited! Yay! Technology!

Another fun addition to the new year is a journal I've been meaning to start for some time now. Remember that post I did on making your own one line journal you use for a few years and see what silly and memorable things you do over time (link)? Well all my good intentions never got me very far into that project and after the epic fail on my sketch a day journal (a whole sketch becoming daunting and unpleasantly forced), I figured the one liner would be much easier to succeed with. Even better - I found a nice pre-made one sentence journal at Chapters and picked it up (with xmas gift card money too)! Take a peek:


Oh am I ever stoked for this one! And it will just keep getting better! I really want to keep up with this one so in five years time I can joyfully reminisce on my one line memories! Take another peek:


Wish me luck! Do you journal at all? Any new plans to spruce up your 2012? Any "stick to your goals" tips for me?

1 comment:

  1. Neat journal! I should try one like that. Such a great idea!

    Can't wait to see the pictures you take to entertain us with!

    As for stick-with-it tips, shouldn't you be the one giving those to us? After all, you did your post-a-day thing for a whole year, which is pretty darn amazing.

    ReplyDelete