Monday, January 16, 2012

Take a pill

Being a person who suffers from chronic illness, I seem to take a lot of prescriptions. Each morning during breakfast I take out my pill case (yes, I am an old lady with one of those days of the week pill containers), pour myself a cup of milk, and admire the pretty assortment of different pills I am about to take. When I came across these crochet pills from Greedy for Colour, I fell in love! Finally someone else who enjoys the beauty (and novelty) of capsules:


Hehe! Aren't they fun? I love the colours they picked and they totally remind me of Dr. Mario (a game my mom is insanely addicted to). I think these little guys would make perfect get well gifts, or even funny to pass along to any stressed out pals (as chill pills)! Heck, you could even stack them all in a glass jar and have one interesting center piece! I think they'd be particularly appealing with some little wide set eye smiles on there so when I get around to making some, I'll be sure to show you the results! After all, they are a pretty tiny so they'd be quick to whip up and Greedy for Colours tutorial is clear and easy to follow! What's to lose? What do you think? What would you do with your own set of yarn pills?

5 comments:

  1. Those pills don't look like any of the pills I take! They sure are cute and I agree they would look cuter with smiley faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be sweet if you could pick the colour, and size of your pills. Think of the colour combo fun one could have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have very boring, all white and round pills - I like these ones *much* better! I am looking forward to seeing your finished projects ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. the while/yellow is ramapril.... the rest I don't really remember. Pink/blue is an antibiotic colouring though. These are real cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete