Monday, May 9, 2011

Mini Break Crafting! Day 6 of 11

Well it looks like we're over halfway finished the cruise (and the mini break crafting marathon) so it's time to show you one of my favourite creations - squid brooch!


Hehe! Isn't he adorable? I do love me some wide set eye smiles and I am really fond of the nice rusty orange/red wool felt Fraser picked out in Victoria. I didn't have any embroidery cotton that was an exact match with the orange but because I was so pressed for time I decided to go with some thread that was a tinge lighter. I sort of like how it makes the handstitching stand out though. Take a closer look:


What do you think of him? Are you a fan of squid?

5 comments:

  1. Have you seen a squid on your cruise or any other wild life (other than your fellow passengers)? Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he's real cute! Oh and my sister suggested that you make these little lovelies into key-chains instead of brooches

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like it as a keychain. I'm not as keen on novelty brooches as you are. A magnet would be great too. Is that a Humbolt squid? I hear they're moving farther and farther north. I do love his little smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww what a cutie! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah! MOST FAVOURITE THING EVER! I <3 squids so much and this one is particularly cute. I have a squid badge that I made, but it is not as cute as yours. I love the face and the rounded tentacles ^_^

    ReplyDelete