Saturday, April 7, 2012

Herbs - Round Two.

Apparently my herb gardening skills are lacking because the lovely thriving herbs I had going in February (link) are almost all dead. I think I under and then over watered them and half of them got some spiderweb-y mold on them and they all died off. Parsley is making a slight comeback and I'm trying my best not to kill him off a second time. Take a peek at their sad state:


Shucks! Looks like fresh herbs just aren't my thing. I figure I'd give it one more go and invest in actual potting soil and some larger pots! I figure if I manage to keep this round of herbs alive they can eventually be moved out to the patio in the summer. I bought another mint plant and got some rosemary and cilantro seeds. Check out round two:


The mint seems to be doing quite well and I am trying my very best not to neglect and then over water them. There are even some little sprouts popping up in the cilantro pot but I may need to buy another rosemary seed package since there is no progress there...oh well. I'll wait a few weeks and see what happens. Here's to hoping I can keep these babies alive! Any tips for me? Any pro herb growers out there?

3 comments:

  1. They look good! My mint has taken over my garden, which is kinda good for me, but apparently other people don't enjoy rampant herbs as much as I do so it's something to keep in mind should you end up planting them in the ground ~_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosemary takes forever, so don't give up on it! It's one of those lives-for-years plants, so it'll pay off eventually. Especially somewhere like Victoria, where you could leave it out on the patio all year round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I killed an entire potted herb garden once while I was housitting. I watered it too much and then I realised that there were no drainage holes in the pots (essential when you are heavy on the aqua)...Now, all pots must have holes.

    ReplyDelete