The other day jess tagged me to write a blog post relieving seven random facts about me. I've been reading lots of posts like these around the blogosphere and am thrilled to finally be invited to participate in one! Let's go and learn about me (list time!):
1) Even though I imagine myself as a brunette I am most definitely a red head. I spend a ton of time straitening my naturally wavy, crazy thick hair and it has become like a trademark. There have been numerous occasions where friends have told me that they recognized me from miles away because of my hair. I've never dyed it and it grows so quickly that I get it chopped off quite often. It's a love/hate relationship but there are certainly worse things to be known for than a perfectly styled hairdo:
2) I'm a firm believer in retail therapy. Buying stuff fixes all problems (well almost) and online shopping is particularly exciting because it allows me to get cool stuff I couldn't find in town and means I get mail! Double win!
3) I am a motion sickness disaster. I can get nauseated after being in a moving vehicle for five minutes and often suffer from spouts of vertigo. Even though I've experimented with all sorts of motion sickness remedies nothing seems to do the trick and it strongly inhibits my ability to travel. Luckily, british columbia is the most awesome place to live and vacation in so all my trips are short lasted. Once I arrive at my destination (be it by bus, car, boat, or plane) it takes me a while for the sick feeling to pass - and leaves me somewhat unpleasant:
4) I have an ongoing love affair with music. Its complicated and involved. I absolutely love going to live shows even though I often miss out on actually seeing the bands because my eyes are closed as I sing/dance/clap along. It took me three tries to actually see the wooden sky and the great bloomers. About a boy should have taught me to avoid the eyes closed singing bit but I still feel compelled to turn up tracks (esp. mumford & sons) and eyes closed sing along to loads of songs during road trips.
5) I struggle with numerous health problems which have set back my plans for career advancement. I actually started etsy selling after I had thoracic surgery to remove a soft ball sized tumor from my chest and had loads of time on modified bed-rest (perfect for crafting!). I try to maintain a super positive outlook on life (since dwelling on bad things really doesn't get you anywhere) and have a wicked awesome scar down my side:
6) I'm all about making a fool of myself and acting exactly how I feel. I've come to the conclusion that if someone isn't going to like me for the way I am then they really aren't worth knowing or keeping in my life. Bring on the kitchen dance parties and bold accessories!
7) Sometimes I wish I was photosynthetic.
On second thought...maybe the green skin deal would be less than ideal...
This is the part where I'm supposed to pass on the 7 random facts challenge and I thought I'd suggest three lovely ladies from austin to join in on the fun since (bonus random fact) when I was little my dad and I would order texas tourism books to learn more about such an awesome state! So if you're up for it - I'd love to read more about:
marci - from it's always something
velma - from geek inspired and
aj - from aj the purple!
I hope you enjoyed my little random details - any thoughts?