Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Royal Knits

Just in case you 1) have way too much time on your hands, 2) are feeling inspired to take on massive knitting projects, or 3) are totally infatuated with the royal family - behold - the knit your own royal wedding book:


Yup! Just in time to celebrate the marriage of prince william and kate middleton this book lets you recreate the historic occasion in yarn! I love the attention to detail and how there is wire inside each yarn royal and yarn bystander so you can pose them as you see fit:


Take a close up peek at some of the characters you can build (my personal fav is the queen - just look at those royal accessories!):

Couldn't forget the corgis! At first glance I thought this book was super bizarre but after further investigation I'm going to settle with it being hilarious and quirky. After all, I do have wool felted acorns and squirrel hanging up above my kitchen sink so who am I to judge? Unfortunately I'm not a knitter yet so I'll be forced to pass on this project but it's available on amazon to fit your home shopping needs! What do you think of the book?

2 comments:

  1. I think I have seen this somewhere before... like on my pinterest board! I knew you had a sneaky reason you wanted me to sign up for that thing - blog ideas! Hehehe :)

    The Corgis are cute, but the rest are kind of creepy, though I love the Queen's accessories too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! What an interesting group. It looks like a lot of work and I am in the middle of a couple of projects right now. Grandma Joan and Grandma Jean would have gotten a kick out of it. Mom

    ReplyDelete