Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Wall Barnacles

When I come across something fun I want to blog about I often save a picture and a link to the article (or project, or image, or what have you) under my drafts in blogger. It is a great way for me to store extra blog ideas for when I need a little inspiration and has worked pretty well for me over these last few years of blogging. I do however, sometimes forget about saved drafts and when I search back in my archives get to rediscover forgotten ideas! Hooray! I'm not sure how this one got lost in the cracks, but these wall barnacles from the Knowhow Shop are priceless:


Sure barnacles aren't exactly the most loved of the ocean creatures (since you usually don't want them on your things), but their ceramic counterparts are just perfect! I would love to have a few of these up on the wall with perhaps some spider plants popping out? It would be an awesome way to add some greenery, interest, and oxygen production to a room don't you think? I particularly enjoy the white on brick contrast of the image above, but I'm sure they would be just as charming inside. Looks like I've got another decorating idea to add to the list (and am happy I rediscovered this link from many months back)! Hooray! What do you think? Are you craving your own wall barnacles?

6 comments:

  1. Didn't read this...too excited for our visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I think you could hide a little crab in one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these a lot! They look really good against the brick ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look wonderful. I don't know how they would work in Kamloops but I still love them.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cool! Thinking about doing this, but the little birdies around my house might make nest in them haha. Have you seen this on Pinterest? http://pinterest.com/pin/143341200609845440 - Similar indoor version

    ReplyDelete