Thursday, March 15, 2012

Hex Nut Love

This one may be old news as far as internet craft tutorials go, but I still really want to make myself a hex nut bracelet! I love the chevron shape, quirky use of hardware, and (of course) the handmade charm. Honestly WTF has an awesome tutorial making it all the more appealing. Take a peek:


Yep - just lovely! Lindsay managed to successfully make herself one of these a few months back (in fact...it could have been over a year ago come to think of it) and it turned out just wonderfully! Looks like I need to do a little nut and string shopping one of these days so I can have a wrist as neat as this one:


What do you think? Up for a little twine braiding with me?

6 comments:

  1. It was awesome! BUT fitting it with a clasp is essential. Mine was just tied and a huge pain. Those ladies at the bead store would have something for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neato! I'd love it if they were copper nuts that somehow oxidized into a nice green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we need to head to Home Depot! It looks great Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really looks pretty, i think i want to make one too !
    Btw i mailed a little something for you yesterday (;

    Have a lovely day, kate(:

    Carmila

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this! It looks really fun ^_^ If you didn't want to do a clasp, sliding knots are good because you don't have to re-tie things and you can do up your bracelets with one hand! Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so cool! I want to try one too, thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete