Saturday, March 31, 2012

Let's drill!

One of my favourite Saturday activities is heading down to the coast and strolling along the beach. Although most of the easily accessible beaches around here aren't the best for combing for sea creatures and shells from a high tide, they do have a wonderful selection of stones! Fraser and I almost always come home with a little bag of neat coloured beach rock treasures and although they do look lovely in one of my pyrex dishes, when I saw this tutorial over on paper n stitch - I totally want to make them into jewelry:


It may take a few Saturdays worth of beach trips to find lots of well suited for pendants but it sounds like my kind of challenge! Looks like a trip back to Kamloops is required to pick up Fraser's dremel too! Hooray! What do you think? Have you ever tried to drill rocks? What's one of your favourite Saturday activities?

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! I want to make these too! I totally have lots of stones from Haida Gwaii that I could use, too! Do you have a drill? How is the end of April for a visit? I'll bring some rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I want to do this in June...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if my first attempt at a comment went through ... but basically, I like them, think drilling rocks would be hard (a bum tiss), and wish you luck doing so! ^_^

    P.S. I gave you a blog award http://teaandcraft.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/they-like-me-they-really-really-like-me.html ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that necklace! I'll have to keep my eye out for suitable stones. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete