Wednesday, March 28, 2012

T-skirt Tutorial

I am all about the jersey cotton! There's nothing like a soft, breathable material that expands with you (very important for any of us with a gluten intolerance) and feels like you're in pjs! I'm pretty sure the inspiration for almost all of my outfits is "how cute can I look while still being unbelievably comfortable?" and my wide range of jersey pieces fits that bill perfectly. Well, when I saw that fashion blogger Out of Order, put up a tutorial on how to make a skirt out of a t-shirt I jumped all over it! Take a peek:


Isn't it cute? Simple instructions, cute (and comfortable) end product, and no hemming in sight! Perfect! Looks like I will be keeping my eyes peeled for a nice coloured t-shirt big enough to cover my bum and then get sewing! I think this skirt would be extra adorable with a nice tucked in v neck shirt, flats, and (of course) oodles of accessories! Heck - even throw a clutch in there for good measure and you're set! What do you think? Anyone want to make a t-skirt with me?

3 comments:

  1. That looks like my kind of easy tutorial! I feel like regular T-shirt material would pull in all the bum places, but a jersey would be great. Maybe a RED???!!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen a tut like this before and have always wanted to try it! I'll have to wait for my sewing machine to get it's act together before I try though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat. I like that you'd add a clutch!

    ReplyDelete