Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wet Felted Billy Balls

As you may have spotted in one of my previous posts, I finally got around to making a bouquet of wet felted billy ball flowers! I've been in love with the look of these pom pom-esque groupings for quite some time and have had some mustard felting fiber for months now! A few weekends ago I got into one of those "I am determined to get lots done" moods and jumped right in! They were pretty simple to make (Design Sponge has a DIY you can follow) but are a little on the time consuming side. I was, however, thrilled with the results even if I am not motivated to ever try wet felting again. Take a peek at them in the living room:


I love how the colours pop on the bookshelf and the vase Fraser bought for me suits them perfectly!:


Even though I loved how they looked in the living room, my poor xmas cactus needed his spot back since there is limited natural light available in the apartment. With that the billy balls were moved to their new home on our kitchen table right below my beloved poster of Bret and Jemaine:


It makes eating at the table extra lovely and really brightens up the kitchen! Not sure how well it goes with our pink kitten place mats but I never boasted of being a professional designer. I think the new addition is warmly welcomed into our quirky little home and can't wait to keep enjoying the bouquet for years to come! What do you think? Are you raring to go on your own billy ball centerpiece?

7 comments:

  1. Your house is pretty normal to me. You didn't have a tree branch on your wall :)
    I thought you bough more felting stuff, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "flowers" look great. I can't wait to see them in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are fabtabulous! Love the vase and poster too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The poster- WOW- where did you get such a lovely thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The poster was inside the "I told you I was freaky" cd! I ironed it to get the folds out and framed it up with poster paper as matting. I love it!

      Delete
    2. Clever! Their music makes me smile- every time!

      Delete
  5. They look fantastic! I love the colour ^_^

    ReplyDelete