Monday, November 21, 2011

Pendant Packaging

One of my favourite things about making crafts and selling them is coming up with packaging! This fall I got asked by a few of my consignment shops to give them a few different items so I figured I'd see how my glass pendant necklaces would do. I knew I'd have to come up with some sort of card to put them on since I wasn't about to send away my jewelry tree with them:


Sure it worked great on my craft show display, but if they were going to beLink sold in a shop they need to be able to stand alone and, of coarse, be linked to me with my url. Paper punch and brown paper to the rescue! Check out what I came up with:


I figured the doily punch I have is a little too fancy and detailed for the simplicity of my illustrations and I wanted a bit more pizazz than just rounded corners. Luckily it just so happens that I picked up a perfect corner and border punch set back in May in Oregon! Hooray! Then I just had to work out a little computer spacing and throw my website on the back:


Not too shabby if I do say so myself. Take a look at a few of the necklaces on their cards:


I think it does the packaging job well and am quite pleased with how they turned out! What do you think? Do you ever dabble in packaging?

4 comments: