Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Anemone Felt Pins

As I'm sure you all know, I am a huge fan of felt! It is the perfect craft medium because it is easy to work with, doesn't fray, and is available in an assortment of amazing colours! There are a plethora of awesome projects you can make out of it, and if you've ever tried crafting with wool felt squares you'll fall even deeper in love! You may recall a previous post I did where I spilled the beans on all my supply sourcing secrets (link) and where I raved about the fun felt you can get from Benzie Bazaar's shop on etsy.  As it turns out, Benzie also has an etsy shop of pre-made goodies where you can find their most swoon worthy anemone felt brooches. Just look at those jewel tones:
 
When I came across these gems on Benzie's blog I couldn't help but post about them! I love the french knots, texture, size, boldness, and (of course) colour of these brooches! Ah! I'm sure the coordinating outfit in the image above really helps me see how awesome they are but they are just so darling! Red not your thing? Not to worry - they've got lots of other colour combinations to choose from. As for me, I'll be dreaming about these flowers til the cows come home! What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. That's definitely a huge felt flower. Are you going to have one to wear during your stay in Kamloops?

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty!!! I did one project with wool felt and it was fun! I let my kids design their own monster and then we sewed them together from felt! They still have them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love it! I could see you wearing one with a jersey cotton dress and cardigan. Not that you'd ever wear anything like that. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That flower is massive! I love it! I clicked over to the store and the turquoise blue flower is fab!

    That is also a very colourful outfit ... I have trouble wearing more than one colour at a time (black doesn't count in this situation! ~_^) but I really do love this look. Dress and cardigans are kinda my go-to outfit ... now to stop wearing all black all the time! ~_^

    ReplyDelete