Sunday, May 20, 2012

A new root vegetable art form?

Happy Sunday everyone! While you are hopefully spending your day doing a whole handful of wonderful weekend-y things, I am recovering from too much fun at the Highland Games yesterday (and another mysterious rash). I am also dreaming about endless (illness free) spare time to explore all sorts of crafts and hobbies - like Darth Vader root vegetable carving! How many people can add that to their resume? Well...Oki from My Sushi World can...
 
source
Okay, so it sort of takes on a whole new level of geekiness, but Oki even has instructions on his blog so you can make your own! Got three carrots, a steady hand, and loads of time? Perfect! You're set! I think I'm going to stick with enjoying the Millenium Falcon ice cubes from the tray Fraser bought me and stick to making crafts for the market! What are you up to today?

2 comments:

  1. I am not up to snuff today. (I have a stomach ache.) Your Dad is out helping Jean move his boat. Who knows when he be home! He had a great time in Texas. ( Are you surprised?) I can hardy wait for it to warm up so I can get outside and garden. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to stick with Millenium Falcon ice cubes as well.

    ReplyDelete