Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Vintage Fair - Round Two!

A few weeks ago I attended my second vintage fair here in Victoria and although it wasn't quite as full of thrifty steals as the first one (link), I did manage to pick up a few costume jewelry pieces to add to my collection. Apparently I was all about threes this time around since I bought three pairs of earrings and three brooches! Check them out:


 
Aren't they fun? I bought 50% of them at a $1 table (can you guess which ones!?) and the other three pieces were pretty far from breaking the bank (I think the most I spent was $6). There seemed to be a much bigger turn out to this fair with fewer vendors so I'm not surprised the bargoons were harder to find. I was also lacking my deal finding partner in crime Fraser who seemed to have the perfect eye for brooches I'd drool over. Alas - hopefully he will be around for the next vintage fair in July and I can't wait to go and see all the vendors new finds! It certainly explains why the thrift stores are so combed over here and I will gladly avoid the wasted hours in smelly old shops for one Saturday morning of thrifty buying! Yay! I can't wait to fit my new vintage items into my daily wardrobe and am especially excited for this little bird pin:
 



 Chirp chirp! Isn't he sweet? I really love how vibrant he is and think this bird is just begging for a spot on a cardigan! What do you think? Have you ever attended a vintage fair? Do you like thrift shopping for costume jewelry? Any guesses on which items I got for $1?

5 comments: