Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Rainbow of Mushrooms

This past Thursday I shared the wooden mushrooms I painted (link). Although I was thrilled with how they turned out, my online ordering left me longing for larger mushroom caps. Well a stop in the craft store later and I quickly realized a simple solution to my problem! Instead of waiting weeks and weeks for new split balls to arrive I would just get myself some smaller candle cups. Aha! Brilliant! Now to complete my muted rainbow of amanitas:


OoOo I am a sucker for some colourful delights! Let's take a side peek and check out the new (better proportioned) mushroom pals:

 
Oh how lovely! I really like the itty bitty new faux fungi added to the crew and I even managed to get some matte varnish to protect them! Hooray! 


I've even got a nice home for them on a shelf in the kitchen. I'll take some pictures later and show you how darling they look and perhaps one day they'll even make it into replanted terrariums. Yay! What do you think? What's your favourite colour of wooden mushroom? What would you do with them?

6 comments:

  1. I love the aqua and purple ones! I know my daughter would use them with with her dolls! Or they would look cute in a garden with other small items. You could pretend it was a fairy garden area!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! I think I like both, like having different stages of growth all together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They remind me of the dancing mushrooms in Fantasia. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cute, all the colors are great but I love the teal one. I think I would place them in my window garden! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the first photo where one can see all the colours you used - so pretty! ^_^ My favourite is classic red (I'm boring, I know ^_^) and I would probably try to figure out some way I could wear it ... hmmm ... maybe a necklace? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so cute! Will they be for sale? I like the tiny orange one best, and I agree with Lisa, I would really like it as a necklace!

    ReplyDelete