Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Even More Geometry

I love making crafts out of sculpy. It is easy to work with (once you warm it up with some handling), doesn't dry out, and once it's baked it is hard as a rock! It's a great canvas for painting on is oh so durable. Perfect! One of my fave projects I've ever made out of polymer clay was a few geometric pendants and rings I whipped up last April (link).  I wear mine all the time and after a solid year of consistent compliments I decided it was time to make some more:


They turned out to be less time consuming than I remembered (yipee!) and I decided to give them a two sided look by painting one side with neutrals and the other with bolder pops of colour! Here's another look:
 

I'm really happy with how they turned out and the next step was to come up with a little packaging for their new home in Funktional in Kelowna! I have been brainstorming a few new packaging ideas for a while now and whipped out some newly purchased supplies to make tags from! Just a paper punch, hole punch, washi tape, and custom url stamp later and we've got some simple tags that pack a punch:


Boy do I ever love coming up with labels! It is definitely a highlight of creating that's for sure! I'm also a huge fan of consignment selling and am always happy to offer new merch to spice up my store displays. Hooray! Just in case you haven't seen enough of these geometric polymer clay beauties, here's one more:


Fun! I am super happy with how they turned out and like how each one is unique in its own way. I love giving customers options and hope that each of these pendants will find loving new homes! What are your thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. This reminds me of a character from "The Phantom Tollbooth" cartoon where the main character visits the worlds of language and mathematics. Each colored side was a different mood and response. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! But would cover mine in neon yellow and FUSHIA!(surprise?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - they look great! I am sure they will sell really well! I'm not a gold wearer, so I'd use silver chain and go for a mint green and bright pink colour combo! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are fabulous! I love that they were easier than you remembered. Anything that can be kept (reasonably) low price point is a good seller, no?

    Can't wait to get one for my next birthday!

    ReplyDelete