Monday, October 11, 2010

Road Trip: Smithers

I'm back from a week in british columbia's north (ish) and boy what a trip! I've decided to share all my vacation highlights with a series of pictures for your viewing enjoyment! Hooray! Let's go!

The trip started off with a lot of trees and a lot of driving (11 hours to be exact):


It actually got pretty monotonous after a while but the fall colours were lovely! So much yellow! After the epic drive we arrived in smithers to meet my niece jean! Hello sleeping baby:


Oh so cute! We also got to see loads of wildlife on the trip including bears, deer, and sea otters! And this mountain goat?:


Okay...so the goat is just a statue but smithers has loads of them! My sister really wanted me to do a post on all the cool statues there, but unfortunately car sickness cut that plan pretty quickly. We did however get to enjoy some more lovely fall when my sister and I walked down to the park to visit my dad fishing on the river:


Got to love abnormally warm pre-thanksgiving weekends! The rest of the trip pretty much revolved around jean and soaking up all her adorableness:


I can't believe how tiny we all start out (okay...most of us start out...I had a good 2 pounds on jean when I was born...). And it also gave me the opportunity to give her first present from her auntie kate! Mr. T the corduroy dinosaur! Little kid shopping is so much fun! I have a feeling jean is going to be quite the spoiled child. Oh and in case you haven't seen enough of her - here I am holding that bundle of sleeping cuteness:


Hooray! Whirlwind super fun trip! And crazy speedy blog post writing from me (in case you couldn't already tell...) with lots of exclamation marks! Yay! !!!

5 comments:

  1. that snuggle in that babies do is my absolute favourite. She's a cutie pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scenery is so beautiful there! And that is one cute baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these photos. That last pic is great - meeting new nieces is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can I say but Jean stole my heart. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. She just keeps getting cuter... except for the pimples on her cheeks right now :( She loves all her new toys- especially Mr. T and the giraffes!

    ReplyDelete