Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Site Visit Bingo update!

It has been a really long time since I last did a site visit bingo update so I figured no time like the present! If you're new to the s.v.b. concept - it is something I came up with last year around this time. After being introduced to the amazing data wonderfulness of google analytics (a program that tracks site visits), I decided to make a game out of it and track my progress of all the countries I get views from on my etsy site! I went full boar into the challenge and decided to go for a full out site visit blackout - which - was a little hopeful. I excitingly checked my visits each night when the info from the previous day was updated online and saw as each country filled up! Eventually I lost momentum on the s.v.b as I quickly realized that (1) most of those places I'm still missing are 3rd world/don't have the internet access and (2) they probably don't really speak english so why read my english website....oh well. I have seen a little bit of progress over the last year though, so I thought I'd share my exciting achievement with all of you!

Progress last seen on nov 7th 2009:


Progress as of oct 19th 2010:


Very nice! Looks like my u.s. visits just keep going up (woo hoo!) and I've managed to make some substantial progress in south eastern europe and asia! Plus I've snagged a few more countries in south america and (the ever challenging) africa! Fun! Perhaps one day my map will reach blackout..until then I'll keep appreciating the wonders of google analytics and keep trying to make my etsy shop as good as I can! It does leave me wondering - anyone else out there go mad over data?

3 comments:

  1. I have been waiting for this for some time. Now I shall sleep at night.
    Linds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad it's so hard to see the lighter colours. Data is pretty cool. He was totally my favourite character on Star Trek the Next Generation.

    ReplyDelete