Sunday, February 13, 2011

DIY Button necklace

Do you ever find yourself following random links on other people's blogs? Well if you answer is no, not to worry - I do it enough for both of us. Well, amidst my internet addiction bloglovin reading list one day I managed to pop into a blog called "the spotted fox" which is truly awesome. It is full of inspiring images and stories and quite a few fun DIYs. One such tutorial I'm dying to try out is the super simple button necklace:


When I said simple - I meant amazingly simple in fact. Just my sort of project - quickly gather up some materials, throw them together, and wham! Insta-craft! Certainly worth a quick glance if you ask me - I didn't even know those were buttons when I saw that image! Looks like I'll need to take a trip to my mom's sewing room (full of buttons galore!). Mom - do you think you could spare seven buttons to your darling youngest daughter? Hope so...I'll let you know how this one goes...

5 comments:

  1. Do you use stumbleupon? If not you should try.. it's very addicting and you can find tons of cool stuff :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to use stumble upon all the time but never re-installed the button when I got a new computer in the fall! Perhaps that's what I should do today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It depends on the buttons! Wooden ones would be best, I think, and I must have some of those. We'll just have to take a look. The problem might be finding my button containers in the room that is over flowing. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. All can see is walrus tusks, but I'm guessing that isn't the aim of it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should start a button collection, Kate. It seems right up your alley...

    ReplyDelete