Thursday, February 24, 2011

Felt Owl Brooch for Mom

Do you find buying birthday presents a ridiculously difficult ordeal? It's great if you see something the birthday recipient just couldn't live without but most of the time I find gift buying extra challenging! It's hard to find something thoughtful and useful for someone who pretty much has everything they'd ever need - so I often try to make presents as an alternative. I've been thinking about making one of the small wood's felt own brooches for my mom pretty much since xmas so it was a perfect project once her birthday rolled around! The owl barn posted a tutorial on making them many months ago and voila! My version of the project:


I have been wanting to share this with you for some time but I had to wait for my mom's birthday to roll around (so I wouldn't wreck the surprise for her - she is probably my most loyal blog reader after all). What do you think? When we talked about the brooches back in december she mentioned liking more natural owl colours over the bold bright ones on the website - so brown, grey, and yellow it is! What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I love it!! Thanks again for your thoughtful gift. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! Am I ever glad my birthday is coming up! Also, I think I'm your most loyal blog reader (and editor). Leslie correspondent blog coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours looks far more professional...just saying...

    ReplyDelete