Saturday, February 19, 2011

W T Fleshtones?

Last thursday a few of my friends and I decided to take a mini afternoon road trip to kelowna to catch a wonderful micheal bernard fitzgerald concert at the habitat. We saw MBF back in september at rifflandia and fell in love with his adorable accent and catchy tunes and decided we would have to see him perform again! After spending a few hours downtown shopping, eating dinner, and catching up with my consignment shops (frock and funktional - so amazing! I love consignment selling!!!), we took a quick trip to the mall to kill time before the show started. As I wandered through the sea of retail shops I came to the dreaded conclusion - flesh tones seem to be the upcoming colour for spring. Ack! Flesh tones? Do those look good on anyone? Seriously!? My pale complexion certainly can't deal with all those beiges and pale pinks washing me out - and they were everywhere!

exhibit a - dark bottoms and blush tone tops:


exhibit b - more pale pinks and whites - and racks of flesh tone:


exhibit c - window front flesh tone florals:


exhibit d - enough pale pink tops to make me disappear completely:


and finally,
exhibit e - skipping the dark bottom half and converting to 100% flesh tone apparel:


Oh my! And this is just what I managed to take pictures of! Believe me, that mall was plagued with beige! Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the light airiness of spring and florals but I need my jewel tones and muted colours to make my wardrobe complete! Is this flesh tone trend everywhere or can we demote the pale pink pandemic to a kelowna store specific infectious disease? Or maybe you are lucky enough to be one of the few that these colours actually look good on - in which case - get buying! I'm ready for some bright colours to welcome spring and summer! Yay!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I love beige and taupe, etc. They look great on me - and so does pale pink. I'm pale too, but I guess my undertones are pink and not blue like yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really pale, too, so I feel your pain. I think the clothes look pretty on other people. On me? Not so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading the march instyle and guess what? The look of the emmy's was either coral/beige/light pink, or rainbow cake bright colours...This spring you will have to skip the trendy and stick with looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, looks like that there is lots of blue in the background and still jeans floating around too.
    In general though I am also crazily pale and find it all a bit odd the idea of your clothes being camoflaged against your skin.

    ReplyDelete