Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Why, Hello Newton and Franklin!

After many weeks of being sold out of way too many button/magnet sets I'm finally stocked back up! And boy oh boy, do I ever have buttons now - take a look:


This is officially the largest batch of buttons I've managed so far and I'm hoping they last me a little longer this time (or at least manage to keep me stocked up for my craft show in march)! This time I even managed to add some new friends to the button crew as well. I've had quite a few emails asking me to remake my set of five famous scientist finger puppets and although I highly doubt I will find enough time to take those on (they are ultra time consuming) I decided to turn my trio of scientists magnets into a quintet! Let me introduce you to sir isaac newton and rosalind franklin:


Hooray! These were some of my quickest buttons to design too - although I did have the puppets to base them off of so I guess that explains their speediness a bit. My original scientist set (including curie, einstein, and darwin) have been stirring up some attention with their appearance in treasuries, blog posts, and on etsy's facebook page/twitter feed so I figured I may as well feed into their popularity! Check out the full crew:


Hehe! I'm really pleased with how they turned out! I'm planning on offering the scientists as a set of five magnets (or button upon request) just as soon as I figure out the best way to package them. Then I just need to take a few pictures and get a listing up (easier said than done - believe me)! I did have some fun getting images of them for this post though - especially because they look so cute holding hands:


Aww - what good little scientists they are! What do you think? Who's your favourite scientist?

5 comments:

  1. WOW!!! How long did it take you to make all of those? I love the scientists! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so adorable!
    And I never imagined thinking of Isaac Newton as adorable. See what revolutionary thought your buttons can create!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are my favorite scientist! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you need to make two more. Then the whole, Mid 90's pop group would be complete. S Club Scientists breaking into song complete with dance routine and TV show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ain't no party like an S club party! I love that you've got Franklin - but don't you also need a Watson and Crick? ORRRR maybe you should do a set of "Scientists who got famous by mostly stealing other people's ideas." As for my favourite scientist, I'd have to go with Pasteur today, since I'm craving cheese and haven't had dairy since October.

    ReplyDelete