Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Project: pen pal

So as I've eluded to a few times (link, link, link), I'm an avid pen pal! Nothing I love more than connecting with friends in far away cities (or not so far away cities for that matter...). It gives me the wonderful opportunity to indulge in some of my favourite retail therapy purchases - stickers and stationary! And as an added bonus it let's me play that most wonderful of games, "waiting for post". Such fun!

I recently came across the opportunity to hook up with some crafty folks from across the world thanks to tea cups in peony's project pen pals! Nicole arranged a pen pal exchange on her blog and paired all us "wanting to write to strangers" readers to one another! Doesn't that sound like fun? Well I wasn't the only one that thought so - 157 people signed up! I haven't had my chance to write to my new pen pal Ellie from Indiana, but she's got my address and apparently my first letter is on the way. I really hope this little blog inspired pen pal-ery turns out to be really fun! I mean I'm already a somewhat loyal pen pal (ok - I know I've been slacking a little lately but generally I'd say I'm a good pen pal right?) and I'll be sure to keep you all posted on how this goes! Haha. Posted. Haha....ha...

3 comments:

  1. I used to be a good pen pal with my second cousin Donna but now we email and I am not the best typist! We have been writing for close to 50 years! Ouch I am old. Is that a subtle enough to remind my daughters that my birthday is this week? Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! At least one of your daughters remembered. (me).


    Spelling Police: eluded (not eluted).

    Awesome! Pen pals rule. You should try writing to me sometimes :) I wish I'd known about the sign up. I love writing letters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to say, for the record, that Kate is an awesome penpal. A super awesome penpal, even.

    ReplyDelete