Thursday, July 29, 2010

Security Envelope Tutorial

Being an avid card maker and pen pal, I often hold onto scraps of paper with interesting prints and pictures I think would be useful for future paper projects. Security envelopes (you know the ones bank statements come in that you can't see through?) are an excellent source for cute patterned paper and super accessible to most people with a bank account (or credit card, phone bill, tax payments, etc). Well "crafting a greener world" has another fun use for all those security envelopes - make them into business card carriers:


Cool! It encourages you using all those fancy stitches on your sewing machine you rarely use too! Not to mention the whole good for the environment bit! What a fantastic idea. I totally want to make one and next time someone asks me for my card (which, in all honestly, isn't very frequently), I can wow them with my crafty recycling skills too! Oh! Now to make this and wait for someone to ask for my card....this may take a while....

1 comment:

  1. oooh! I have lots of fancy stitches on my new sewing machine. Mom

    ReplyDelete