Monday, March 28, 2011

Martha's pom pom branches

About a year ago I posted a link to a fabulous tutorial showing you how to make your very own pom pom pussy willows! Lindsay and I fell in love with the project and although we haven't actually found time in the last year to execute this one - it is still pretty awesome:


To my surprise martha stewart's craft department recently did a similar project, this time by dying the pom poms! Take a peek:


How cool! I think lindsay and I will have to summon our inner resurrection fern and get dying! Now to find some branches that need to be pom'd! Just in time for lindsay's birthday too (ok, not actually in time, since it's today and I haven't started this project yet...) Happy bday linds!

6 comments:

  1. oh wow i LOVE this. not sure i can pull of martha quality but its so unique i might just have to try ;)

    hope the craft fair went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pruning season is coming. My dad will have branches prime for this craft. We just need to be sure to get there AFTER the pruning but BEFORE the truck loading/compost depot run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the dyed ones better than the Martha ones. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them all the same colour too. Very pretty. I also hate whoever left that mean comment on your post from a few days ago, but you can probably tell that already. Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute! and nice for spring. I need to take all of my snowflakes down :)

    ReplyDelete