Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Merry Ol' December!

Oh my! December! End of 2010? Where did you sneak up from? Not to worry - I'm happy to see you! I'm ready for a month of holiday celebration, crafting up a storm (a common goal I seem to have each month), and the last installment of my kittens inspired by kittens inspired calendar:


Quinn! What am I going to do kitten-less in january? Oh dear! Good thing we've got a whole month to prepare! In the meantime I hope to get the most out of the month by soaking up all the holiday wonderfulness I can! Starting off with something I am extremely excited about using:


Mmmm! Nothing like the sweet spicy smell of pine trees and xmas to get you in the holiday spirit! And it's even locally made by a lady in white lake! Even better! As for other xmas preparations, I'm still working on my pom-tastic decorating scheme but I did manage to get some lights up in the front window:


Not exactly the most impressive of holiday lighting but the house is sorely lacking an outdoor outlet and I think these simple indoor white lights do the trick! Plus I wasn't up for investing too much into them since we're just renting. We even put up a few around the kitchen window to continue the spread of cheer inside the house too! What fun!

To top it all off I've somehow managed to get about 80% of my xmas shopping done! Hooray for preparation! Now I just need to get a jump start on those xmas cards (oh dear). I'm actually planning on taking it pretty easy this month with no wild new years party plans for once. I think a nice relaxing december is in order after an exhausting crafting year! I'm also looking forward to my final month of 2010 and daily blog updates. Don't get me wrong - I do love blogging (especially when all you wonderful people actually read my ramblings) but it is a lot more work than I thought it would be and less stress and healthier (physically and mentally) are my big goals for 2011! Oh. And banjo...can't forget that one...What about you? What are you looking forward to in december?

3 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to visiting family and handing the crying baby over to my sis! Hahahahahahahahahahahah!

    I'm also looking forward to your New Year's Resolution: to capitalize all proper nouns! Hooray for DDDDDecember 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those star light look really nice. Mom

    ReplyDelete