Sunday, June 19, 2011

All in the name of progress!

Even though Canada Post has been on strike (meaning my application for the Artisan's Square Market hasn't been received/accepted), I've been trying to craft up a storm to prepare for a summer of Saturday craft markets! I'm going to go on Lindsay's word that, "[I] am the best crafter in town!" and hope that I've made it past the juried selection so all my hard work isn't going to waste - but I figure it can't hurt to have extra stock! I thought I'd share a few of the projects I've actually made headway on even if they aren't really new as far as my shows go!

Item #1 - Cabochon Rings!


Because my vintage cabochon goods were so popular at my last Fabulous Finds sale in Kelowna I thought I'd restock my rings for a nice flowery summery addition to the market. I couldn't find the same roses I used many moons ago for the last set I made so I went with chrysanthemums instead. I'm loving how bold and colourful they are and I even went with two different sizes to suit your ring needs!

Item #2 - Cabochon Studs!


Why yes - these are very similar to the rings (except, your know, they go in your ears)! I went with three different styles of flowers (two roses and the chrysanthemum poms) in some more summery fun colours. Since the reds, pinks, black, and cream tones sold like hot cakes at my last show I tried to make a few more of those while still keeping a few of my personal favourites (I am in love with the pale blue and green) in there for good measure! I showed these to a few girls at work and they think they will be a hit so here's hoping!

Item #3: Mini Moo Freebies!


Okay...so this isn't really a craft show specific item, but I was in desperate need of making more of these for my etsy orders! Micheals even had ribbons on sale last week so I stocked up in loads of bright colours! Then it was just a matter of punching, cutting, and tying and voila! Mini Moo bookmarks for all! Hooray!

Since I'm still waiting for a few more supplies to arrive in the mail (which will hopefully be sooner rather than later with the whole postal strike deal), I am working on a few fun projects I already have the goods for. I did subtly hint at my next craft project in a blog post a few days back - any guesses? Or suggestions? I'm always up for crafting!

10 comments:

  1. I love the earrings!! Especially the green!!!! Will you add them to your etsy shop??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your next project involves ninjas...? Sounds like you've been mega busy this week! Love the blue rose earrings and the bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your packaging is awesome. I didn't realize that the postal lock out would affect your application for the artisan thing - that sucks! I can hardly wait to find out what your new craft is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can say without a doubt that you are one of the best crafters in town and you have the best display in Kamloops for sure! If you ever need an endorsement just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I might need a private shopping experience if there is no artisan market for you. But then again, I might need one anyway cuz I dunno how much longer I can wait for some of those earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kate. I'm home! Love your new stuff. Momm

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Cabochon flowers! They are very very fun to craft with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those all look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Velma... get these up on Etsy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am totally willing to do reserved listings for anyone interested in buying some earrings from me - just send me a message and we'll work something out!

    ReplyDelete