Monday, June 13, 2011

Bring on the ascot!

Being a big believer in simple staple clothing choices with bold accessories I'm sure you can guess how excited I was to see Here's Looking At Me Kid's ascot bow tutorial! Just look at how that one slice of fabric totally transformers her outfit:


Looks like ties don't need to be reserved just for males and this DIY offers an awesomely fabulous way to spiff up a plain outfit! How fun! I also like the option of an ascot over a full scarf since all that fabric can be unpleasant as the weather heats up. If you aren't totally sold just take a look at some pinteresting ascots:


Mmm! So many options! Looks like it's time for me to search my fabric stash for some suitable ascot bow making material! What do you think? Are you a bow fan?

4 comments:

  1. Big one, no. Little ones, maybe. That DIY is cool, but totally not me. I like some of the ones from pinterest though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they're so cool! I love the purple one from pinterest. I will have to check out the tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ascots do not serve a purpose; therefore, I would never be able to 'own it' (and I don't wear things that I'm uncomfortable it). That said, the trend is cute on the girls that do 'own it'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only wear a scarves in the cold weather and they are more for heat than looks.

    ReplyDelete