Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday Find: Shoeology

Has anyone ever made their own shoes before? Sure I've experimented with crocheting some slippers - but sewing them? Hmm. It certainly has me intrigued and the lovely patterns from etsy's Shoeology are totally the way to go! Check out these babies:


Aren't they awesome? I am a sucker for a nice tweed! Shoeology's patterns include full tutorials with pictures and everything so I'm sure they are simple enough to follow too! Check out a few more shoe designs available:


Oh! I'm not totally sure I would commit to wearing some homemade shoes out for any excursions, but they would be fun around the house! Maybe even out for coffee? I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for some cute shoe making fabric (wouldn't they be cute in a nice red herringbone?) and see if I can manage up some free time to try them out. How about you? Are you for the challenge of sewing your own shoes?

7 comments:

  1. What a cool project! I love my "house shoes" and these look perfect for house shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome!!! I think I'm going to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness I don't have a shoe fetish like some people I know! I won't be trying them as I need lots of arch support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To whom do you think Mom could be referring? Shoe fetish? MOI??? Sheesh.

    On a completely unrelated note, I MUST MAKE THESE SHOES!!!!! Yes, that's right. FIVE exclamation marks. And caps! SO AWESOME!!!!!

    You + Me + shoe patterns + trip to Fabricland in Salmon Arm = PARTAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously. I love all those shoes. I wants them all! LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow those are some really cute shoes there :-) Will have to go and have a look...

    I've not made my own shoes, but I taught 60 kids how to make a pair of slippers this year and took a few photos (http://www.creatingtrouble.co.uk/2011/05/some-kreativ-kids.html) We did a slipper's assembly at school today and it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! I want to make some shoes. These patterns are great! This round toe look is the kind of show I would love to wear every day (I have wide feet). :) Maybe some day I'll be brave and try one of these out.

    ReplyDelete