Saturday, June 18, 2011

one sketch a day

I've been seeing lots of other bloggers out there share their sketchbooks and I figured I would join in on the fun! Fraser and I bought "one sketch a day" journals back in May and decided to draw together each night as a fun couples project:


The drawing "together" part didn't turn out exactly as we had hoped (since we both have very different schedules) but we are managing to keep up with our books! So far I've been using mine as an outlet for new craft ideas (I'm sure you'll recognize a few of my craft projects on some of the pages) and also as a place to experiment with cute stuff! Let's take a peek at a few of my pages so far:


Lots of the pages I showed have the new button set design ideas I'm working on and the sketchbook has been a great place to brainstorm! What do you think? Which scribbles would you like to see developed into 1" pinback button form? How about any other inspiring themes I should sketch? I've got a good 316 days left in my sketchbook to fill up...

9 comments:

  1. Very cool! Your stuff is so cute, and I REALLY love the French press!

    Can't wait until your next "come up with ideas" contest - though it looks like you might not need many this time around. Also, your Totoros are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I want to see Fraser's sketches. Is he going to start a sketch-a-day blog? I'd read it. (View it?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the raccoon. Raccoons are always cute. I saw some dancing in the rain a few months ago, and I had a cutegasm.

    I started up a sketch a day book a few months back, too. Though mine isn't nearly as awesome as yours, owing to the fact that I cannot draw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, cute!! :) Love your lil sketches - it's always great to peek into someone elses' doodle book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the cacti! :) might wanna censor the peg-leg dino, though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!!!! Coffee!!! It is ready for buttons! I love that you liked my idea enough to draw it!!!!!! Haha if you came up with that on your own and just didn't have the heart to tell me then that's cool too. Super cute bean!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like the idea of sketching every day - now I just need to learn to draw!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sketches are always wonderful.

    ReplyDelete