Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Collar Roundup

Detachable collars are all the rage these days and I've been dying to jump on that trend train and make one for myself! I haven't decided exactly what type would suit me best - but  there is certainly no shortage of free DIYs here on the internet! Check out my top seven collar blog tutorials:

(1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, & 7)

Oh my! I think what I end up coming up with with depend quite heavily on what kind of supplies I can round up, but I may just need to use a few different techniques (i.e. fabric sewing, felt, and crochet) to make a nice assortment to add to my wardrobe! What do you think? Have you ever made or worn a detachable collar? Which do you like best? 

5 comments:

  1. I actually tried DIY method number 3 when googling for collar DIYs. It did not work for me. The felt just looked kind of floppy and silly. I think if you are going to do it, it needs thicker material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not worn detachable collars. However, I like the doily type collars the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No wonder I love them so much! They're like detachable doilies!

      Delete
  3. I made #5 from Rachele's blog. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lace is the way to go! Or dye cut felt in a lace pattern!

    ReplyDelete