Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Umbra Stitched Fireplace

This will be the first year in my entire 28 years of existence that I won't be going home for xmas.  Unfortunately it just isn't going to work out this year so instead of Dad reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and hanging our stockings on the fireplace, Fraser and I will get the chance to come up with our own festive traditions and have a quiet time together instead.  Fraser and I keep talking about the nice things we can do to make the holidays special and I think this amazing cross stitch fireplace I saw on Umbra's instagram feed would be spectacular:

(source)

Maybe we could add some little hooks at the top to hang our stockings and listen to some jazzy Charlie Brown tunes around our "fireplace" and xmas tree! Heck - Fraser even suggested making a cardboard fireplace to put around our tv and then find one of those roaring fire dvds to set the tone of things. Oh the possibilities! What sort of traditions do you enjoy during the holidays? Do your activities involve the fireplace? 

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing! However, I'm still going to make a cardboard fireplace for the television. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I want to make a fake mantelpiece to go around our TV too - but no one really has open fires in Australia and December is the middle of summer so ... maybe not ~_^

    ReplyDelete