Thursday, November 8, 2012

Felt Doily Mobile

I've always been a fan of mobiles.  I love their texture and movement and am especially fond of how they look hanging from bedroom lights so they can move and cast shadows around.  Of course they are typically limited to decorating children's rooms but this lovely felt/doily combo from Sparkle Power (link) makes me think differently:

(source)

lsn't it interesting? I do, of course, love the materials used for this one and the textures and subtle detail are just darling! I'm sure the white on teal picture helps the cause a smidge...but a good picture can really make any craft if you ask me. What do you think? Have you ever made a mobile? 

4 comments:

  1. I attempted to fix a mobile once... Key word is "attempted".

    ReplyDelete
  2. really lovely. though I'm not a fan of things that have no purpose, so I am unlikely to have one for my home

    also I think you forgot the link to Sparkle Power ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure "pretty and fun to make" is purpose enough to put on my crafting list - but I do enjoy more practical crafts a lot more.

      You can find the Sparkle Power link in the top paragraph if you click the "link" button or if you follow the "source" from the image it also takes you there if you're still interested in seeing the original creation :)

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! I made a mobile when I first moved into my home - it's a flock of swallows flying about and it's pretty cute ^_^

    ReplyDelete