Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Let the yarn-y desings continue!

The week continues to truck along and I am here to continue revealing my new yarn themed illustrations! What's next for the three pinback button cuteness? How about my most favourite wool producing mammals - a sheep, a cashmere goat, and an alpaca!


Aren't they sweet? The sheep is pretty much just an illustrated version of my sheep brooch I made for a Mad Scientists of Etsy challenge a few months back. The other two I have been experimenting with in my sketchbook and am pretty happy with what came out! I especially like the little fluff of fur on the goat's beard and alpaca's head. Aww! Have you ever gone to a fall fair? Aren't you happy these ungulate friends don't smell at all like the llama and alpaca barn does? If you haven't had the pleasure of smelling hot humid confined spaces with loads of animals - trust me, you're not missing out on much.

So what do you think? Who's your favourite wool producing animal? Have you seen that book on crafting with cat fur? (this post reminded me of that...it is so weird). Any guesses on what my third and final yarn themed button set is that I'll reveal tomorrow? No? Guess you'll have to wait and see...

6 comments:

  1. I love the goat! And I love the new button sets. I can hardly wait to wear my new sheep, goat and alpaca pins. Hey ! There are perks to being the creators Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    They are so cute! I really like them(:
    i ve seen the weird book on crafting with cat hair! jaja I saw it on amazone a few months ago and it makes me so curious, i want to know whats inside but at the same time it scars me a little:p

    Hope you re having an awesome day! full of lovely illustration and mint tea(;

    Carmila Ponycat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the alpaca! My guess for the next set is pictures of cotton, bamboo ... and something else to show where non-animal associated yarn comes from. Hmmm, ok, so it's not a very *good* guess. But I'm still excited to see the final designs! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love all three! They're so amazing and adorable and awesome. Yes, all three 'a's. I must now go read the 40 magazines that were delivered to my house after the postal strike combined with my super long vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH! Alpaca! Love it! I have Alpaca wool socks from Ecuador, they are pretty fabulous... Plus yours is super cute!

    ReplyDelete