Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Washi Magnets!

Being an avid internet fiend, I see loads of fun crafts online that keep me posted on the hottest trends in the handmade world! Whether it be woodland creatures, mustaches, chevron prints, doilies, or mason jars I quickly fall in love and swoon over the crafty possibilities! One hot item in craft supplies these days is Japanese washi tape. The decorative masking tape is available on loads of fun designs and colours and I managed to pick up a few rolls (on sale even) a while back in Vancouver. So far the only project I've completed with the washi tape was a tea themed art card for my swap partner:


Since I'm totally in love with craft projects where I don't have to leave the house to get the supplies - these washi tape magnets from How About Orange are right up my alley:


Not only are they adorable, useful, and give me an excuse to use more washi tape, but this project is super easy leading to instant crafty gratification! Hooray! Unfortunately I will have to delay my magnet making for a little while as my craft supplies are packed away for our move this weekend, but once I'm in Victoria and settled I'll be sure to show you my amazing new magnets for our amazing new fridge! Yay! How about you? What projects have you done with decorative washi tape?

4 comments:

  1. I don't even know what washi tape is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    I didnt knew what it was but ive seen it all over the internet in crafty blogs and now y know what it is but i have no idea where to buy it... :p
    But i absolutly love your magnet! little tea cups love<3

    Carmila Ponycat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want some washi tape for Christmas! I like your card way more than the magnets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That art card is so cute! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete