Saturday, August 20, 2011

Self-zipping Squirrels!

Check out this super awesome coin pouch I spotted over at How About Orange:


Doesn't it look cute? Not only does it combine some of my favourite things (squirrels, pouches, and crafts) but it's actually just a ribbon that zips onto itself to become a little purse! Neato! I would totally love to attempt this one, but since on how about orange's blog it is a gift from her mom, I think I'll leave this to a sewing master and let my sewing master mother try her hand at it! Haha!

In other news - today is my very last run at the Artisan's Square Market downtown! I've enlisted the wonderful help of my pal Lindsay today while Fraser is off doing geeky things and hopefully we will have an extra successful last day of selling! Hope to see you there!

4 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I love that coin pouch! <3
    I wish you the best in your last Artisian´s Market! Good luck crafty lady!(;

    Have an awesome day and sell it all!

    Carmila Ponycat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! I hope that guy came back this week to buy all of your mustaches. This reminds me of the purses I bought that were one long zipper you put together. I'd love to make one of these, but it kind of makes my head hurt to try wrapping my brain around it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found a tute for the tetrahedron purse a couple of days ago! It's definitely on my to-do list (a.k.a my Quick'n'Dirty board)

    http://pinterest.com/pin/129359427/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made one of these for my wild olive stitch swap partner - and it was a quick easy project :) The tutorial I used is here: http://www.craftpassion.com/2011/07/zip-itself-coin-purse-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete