Friday, April 2, 2010

Bloggy Tweak

A week ago I decided to take advantage of the new blogger design templates and did a blog overhaul! I wasn't sure how I'd react to all the changes but after seven days of reflecting on what my blog used to be I am very pleased with this brighter and wider layout! Even if it is a little on the blue side, lindsay's mom once told me that people are naturally attracted to blue, so maybe I'm just listening to her wise words? Yes, let's stick to that.

Well, last night I decided to take the blog tweaking to a new (and more customized) level and added some of my favourite scientific culture friends! Take a peek to that right hand column and gander at each new section header title banner! This one is certainly my fav of the bunch:


Doesn't thumbs up yeti's rad enthusiasm encourage you to sign up to follow my blog/facebook/twitter pages? (Correct answer = yes). I really like being able to showcase a little of my wide set eye smile illustrations in another form than just spamming my etsy site and I think they add a little more flare and personality to the simple layout. Plus after much "I have no clue what I'm doing in photoshop" frustration I finally got the rounded corners thing to work (for the top blog banner too! Double win!). I did try to avoid adding any more blue to my blog, but the other colours I attempted drew too much attention to the little side banners and I wanted them to be more subtle. So blue it is...well muted tone gray blue...

I'm dying to know what you think of the tweaks! Which banner is your favourite? Any other little details you'd like to see me work on? How about any feedback on blog posts you like/would like to see more of while we're at it!? OoOo! The feedback possibilities! Yay!

8 comments:

  1. The new layout is awesome! I thought your blog was very attractive before, too. It does feel roomier. The yeti Follow Me banner has to be my favorite! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm, I think that I liked the tea bag banner the best. So that in one for the tea bag! Is there anyone out there who would like to vote for one of the other banners. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your writing is your trademark and a must have! Not to mention all of the friendly creatures, them more yeti the better. I do find myself yearning for an accent colour...like a statement door in a cute but neutral neighborhood??? Your the genius though, I have faith in your abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the bacteriophage. That's pronounced "Phaaaaaahhhhhhge, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like your style! i just overhauled my blog last week too, it's a better system on blogger now but i wish we could use our own image on the background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am super impressed with the leaps and bounds you've made with your awesome photoshop skills. Hooray for Kate!

    Fraser

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Mackeral. Wider is totally better - I have to figure out how to do this on my own blog. And the titles for your sections are great - If I had a theme figured out, I'd be doing the same myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOOOOW!

    The tags one is my favourite!!~

    Squee! Your blog is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete