Thursday, April 15, 2010

Molecular DNA Art!

A while back I did a post about dna 11's sweet gel electrophoresis art pieces, which in all honestly, I'm still super in love with. The article caught the attention of Dr. Rich Taylor, a scientist in a small art studio that offers a scientific art based on the atoms in your DNA. He asked if I would write a follow up article to my first DNA art one and I aim to please! (I think it's awesome that someone actually emailed me with a blog post idea by the way - Leslie! take note please). Similar to dna 11's method, dna-images uses your very own genetic blueprints to make personalized artwork, this time to the molecular level! Take a look at a few samples:


I think it's pretty awesome how you can get all of that biological goodness from a little swab from your cheek! After all, DNA is pretty much the coolest thing on the planet, it's about time we celebrate it in art form!

2 comments:

  1. Agreed. I'm also curious, since you seem to be a big fan of science, if you happen to be an atheist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello are you checking your post in Kelowna? Mom

    ReplyDelete